Contrary to what you may have been told, online traffic schools aren’t designed for milking extra money out of hapless violators who may also be desperate to reduce the legal damage of a recent driving infraction. An authorized online traffic school is court-approved to take the place of old-fashioned classroom learning. New drivers and professionals, and in some states, commercial drivers can also take advantage of its convenience to help them qualify for corporate tests. So, if you need to dismiss a traffic ticket, or simply reach the next level of your driving dream, you may prefer an online course to attending a brick and mortar traffic institution. Here are some of the other benefits of staying home to improve your skills on the road:
- People who live way out in the country can often use online schools to shave a huge hassle down to a mild inconvenience.
- Especially when court-ordered, online schools are usually no more expensive than the brick-and-mortar kind, and if they do charge a fee, it is usually nominal and has been calculated to compare favorably with the value of the convenience the online course provides. That is, it’s often worth a little bit of extra money.
- Online traffic schools offer the convenience of learning in the comfort of your own home, at a time convenient for your schedule. In fact, you don’t even have to be dressed. You’re in your comfort zone and needn’t worry that anyone might see you at all.
- You don’t have to go anywhere, so it can save on transportation expenses, you won’t have to deal with the stress of fighting traffic, or the clock to be on time. That means no squeezing in errands either, so you’re not only more relaxed, you’re probably more attentive.
- You won’t be rushed or feel rushed to keep up with an instructor, or must worry if you didn’t understand part of a video lesson. You can work at your own pace, even if that means playing a video back. You can concentrate when you want and take breaks whenever you need them.
- Other students won’t waste your time with questions you know the answer to, or with their bad attitudes, or other ways of making you uncomfortable.
- Accredited online traffic schools are approved by the local motor vehicle department and courts, just as the traffic schools that require attendance in person.
Many states allow you to dismiss a traffic ticket after taking a refresher course. Online traffic school is an easy decision, since it will clear the violation from your driving record as quickly as possible and with a convenient “paper trail.” When you complete an online traffic course, it will often prevent your insurance company from even knowing you received a traffic citation. This helps ensure you don’t receive a surprise rate increase on your next policy renewal.
Many online traffic schools have been approved by state DMVs to meet requirements for employment prerequisites, which means employers can offer these courses on their sites, or employees may be eligible for a work-at-home day to complete the course.
Perhaps the best thing about taking an online driving course is that your driving will improve! You’ll be a safer driver who’s better prepared to prevent accidents, deal with other drivers, and respond to any hazards you may encounter on the road.